(some restrictions apply)
To Use Free Shipping:
- Place Eligible items in your cart. Eligible items are marked on the product details page.
- During Checkout, select free shipping.
- Items shipped via free shipping may require up to 10 Business Days.
- If your order contains both free shipping items and other, ineligible items, you will be charged shipping for the ineligible items.
- Excludes items that are not marked by the free shipping statement.
- Applies to delivery addresses in the continental U.S. only. Free shipping is not available for Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands or Canada.
- We use various shipping carriers to deliver orders and a particular carrier may not be requested.
- We reserve the right to change or discontinue Free Shipping at any time.
Display below is for the next several hatches. This breed is available for future dates. You can pick the date during the check out process.
Blue: limited availability.
Red: not available.
Columbian Wyandottes are an unusual and attractive variety. They have the same deep, well rounded bodies and close set comb of all Wyandottes, and are of medium size. Appearance is handsome with white bodies, and contrasting neck, tail, and wing plumage which are black with silvery white edging. Their nice yellow skin and plump bodies make them easy to dress and they lay brown eggs. The hens make excellent setters and mothers. This variety was first exhibited at the Columbian Exposition in Chicago in 1893, and got their name in that way. Baby chicks are a creamy white and some have dark gray shading on the back.
As a reminder, to help ensure a safe arrival to you, the minimum number of chicks for each order prior to April 1st is 25.
On and after April 1st, the minimum number of chicks required is 15. You can mix and match any type of baby chick in your order to reach the applicable chick minimum order. If ordering any bantams, we require a minimum of 15 bantams per order.
Additional images - click to enlarge.
My grandfather gets chicks every year from this hatchery, and this spring he got some of these Columbian Wyandottes. So far these are the most favorite birds he's gotten. One of the hens is already sitting on her first brood that is expected to hatch any day now. I'm going to be getting some of these birds for myself when I start my own flock.
I got the phone call this morning from the post office, and they said my chicks were in. I went down and got them brought them back home, and they are all doing well, drinking and eating. Thanks, McMurray Hatchery for the good service. -- The Chicken Guy from Vermont :)
I ordered these birds 5 weeks ago, and wow they are perfect. McMurray Hatchery sends the nicest healthiest birds. I would never order from anyone else. Its nice to do business with someone that is so good. These Columbian Wyandottes are so nice.
I just wanted to let you know that I think these birds are some of the most beutiful I have ever purchased. I ordered an assortment of chicks in the spring for 4-H, and recieved second place for a Columbian Wyandotte Pullet. At that time I was told by the judge that these birds are very rarely seen at shows in Wisconsin.
I look forward to showing that pullet at the fair again next year, and ordering more chicks and showing them.
I would just like to let you know how good these chickens are,I bought 25 pullets from you in March and by September they were laying, now I get an egg almost everyday from each one.Thanks James