You are Here:
-> Standard Bronze Turkeys
Standard Bronze Turkeys
(some restrictions apply)
To Use Free Shipping:
- Place Eligible items in your cart. Eligible items are marked on the product details page.
- During Checkout, select free shipping.
- Items shipped via free shipping may require up to 10 Business Days.
- If your order contains both free shipping items and other, ineligible items, you will be charged shipping for the ineligible items.
- Excludes items that are not marked by the free shipping statement.
- Applies to delivery addresses in the continental U.S. only. Free shipping is not available for Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands or Canada.
- We use various shipping carriers to deliver orders and a particular carrier may not be requested.
- We reserve the right to change or discontinue Free Shipping at any time.
Display below is for the next several hatches. This breed is available for future dates. You can pick the date during the check out process.
Blue: limited availability.
Red: not available.
Before modern commercial breeding created the “Broad Breasted” Bronze, we had the “Standard” Bronze turkey. It is about 3/4 the size of the Broad Breasted but; it can breed naturally, will eat less and generally avoid potential leg problems sometimes caused by very rapid growth. The delicious flavor in the meat and the feather coloring is the same in both breeds. Standard Bronze Turkeys can be shown in the non-commercial class at poultry shows.
MARCH-FIRST TWO WEEKS OF JULY -
TURKEYS SHIP ON TUESDAY FOR A WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY ARRIVAL
Two weeks after the 4th of July, turkeys will ship on Wednesday.
Additional images - click to enlarge.
We got six of these in April as part of the barnyard special and have been very happy with them. They are very easy to herd to and from the pasture, and are getting very nice and plump. We think three of them will be great for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and plan to keep two hens and one tom to lay eggs and hopefully brood our next batch of turkeys! We love to hear them gobble! Thank you!
Turkeys arrived strong and healthy. Didn't lose a single one. We bought them to eat but they all quickly became pets instead. They are a joy to have around and are gentle. They like to follow me to the mailbox and then race me back to the house....trying to fly as we run along.
When I got them in April, I enjoyed seeing them grow up. They really grow fast and they started laying eggs on October 11,2005. They are very beautiful when they grow their feathers. I would tell everyone to get their birds from Murray McMurray Hatchery!!!!!