Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Chickens -> breed?

Topic: breed? (13 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
breed? (13 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
ASHLEYH
Score: 1
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what breed this chicken is. I have two of them that came in the assortment I ordered from mcmurray this past summer
1/9/2016 5:35 PM report abuse
Dale
Score: 48
YACHATS, OR
Extreme Western Oregon
That looks quite a lot like an Ameracauna, or Easter Egger.
Are they laying yet?
1/19/2016 6:15 PM report abuse

JULIO G
Score: 4
july395454@gmail.com
ALPAUGH, CA
Looks like a silver leg horn to me
1/23/2016 5:24 AM report abuse
RICHARDW
it appears to be a silver leghorn pullet.
1/23/2016 11:45 AM report abuse
ASHLEYH
They are not laying yet. I thought it might be a dorking pullet. The eater eggers I got from mmh have the little tuft looking hair on their cheeks.
1/23/2016 2:19 PM report abuse

JULIO G
Score: 4
july395454@gmail.com
ALPAUGH, CA
Maybe later when she gets older well know what she is
1/23/2016 9:23 PM report abuse
ASHLEYH
What about this little guy. He started out all black with some white around his chest. I'm not sure what he is either.
1/24/2016 10:51 AM report abuse
RICHARDW
This one is a little suspicious. I suppose that you did purchase him from Murray. I think he may be a Partridge Rock. There are other breeds that resemble this fella but I don't know of any that Murray sells. What kind of package did you purchase that he came in?
1/27/2016 10:04 AM report abuse
ASHLEYH
Yeah he came from mcmurray too. It was the rare breed collection. I couldn't find any pics that looked like him either.
1/27/2016 3:31 PM report abuse
Dale
Score: 48
YACHATS, OR
Extreme Western Oregon
If not laying, look at Leg color, and Comb characteristics. You can often narrow it down based on those characteristics using a chart like this one...
http://www.backyardpoultry.com/wiki/index.php/Chicken_Breeds_Chart
1/27/2016 3:58 PM report abuse
JASON40
Score: 0
That's a Black Copper Maran rooster...I don't know how that could have came from McMurray but it certainly doesn't look like anything else that they have
1/28/2016 8:32 PM report abuse
RICHARDW
I have to agree that this sure looks like a Black Copper Marans. I did not know that Murray had any of these but my guess of Partridge Rock went away when you told me it was a rare breed order and the Rock would have yellow legs.
1/28/2016 9:43 PM report abuse
ASHLEYH
As you can see I have too many roosters. I'm trying to figure out which ones to keep. If he's a black copper maran I would like to keep him. He's pretty friendly. I also have this one that I think is a welsummer but I'm not sure. Thanks for all the help. I'm new to chickens
1/29/2016 8:48 AM report abuse