Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Breeds -> Please help identify Charlie Red!

Topic: Please help identify Charlie Red! (4 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Please help identify Charlie Red! (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
CYNTHIA11
Score: 0
Charlie Red found my yard in June 2015. For three months she lived totally free, roosting in my tree. I tamed her, and bought her a "mansion," haha! She was very young.

Over the past couple of weeks she has laid three eggs which are a very lightly tinted white. They look white unless you place them next to a store bought white.

She has green legs. I can't tell if her ears are brown or tipped with white?

Does she have a rose or pea comb?

I've been told by some that she looks like a game bird?

Can anyone help me identify Charlie Red?
2/13/2016 10:51 AM report abuse
RICHARD34
Score: 3
STAFFORD, VA
Possibly an Easter Egger as the green legs indicate that and even though she lays a whitish egg, she probably is a mix of EE and something else. It looks like her ear lobes are not white, so my guess is an EE.
3/7/2016 10:40 AM report abuse
PHILIPW
Score: 4
Your Charlie Red is a game hen. I may not know much about all the breeds but I had one just like her with grey legs . Her sister was brindle with yellow legs. Coon got both of them till I bought a live trap. I caught 5 coons one winter and one bobcat. Had to start over again.
6/24/2016 10:08 PM report abuse
ANGELAG
Score: 1
I also think it may be a EE. My rare breed chick is a EE rooster. He has green legs and a similar body style.
Post edited by ANGELAG 9/11/2016 3:13 PM
9/11/2016 3:12 PM report abuse