Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Breeds -> Red ranger chicks

Topic: Red ranger chicks (4 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Red ranger chicks (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
Ryant of R
Score: 0
I received my first order of red ranger chicks and they all arrived alive. These birds eat like no other that I have dealt with. Corny x probably eat more from what I have read. The rare chick I received with the batch I believe is a white laced blue polish, I am not certain though.
2/27/2016 11:15 PM report abuse
Ryant of R
Ok one red ranger died last night, two more today have labored breathing. They have free feed organic chick starter and quik chick from mcmurray. Due to various factors, why does this happen? Thanks for any replies!
3/1/2016 9:20 PM report abuse
RICHARD34
Score: 3
STAFFORD, VA
Stress from the shipment, dehydration - make sure you have dipped their beaks in the water container. Put a little sugar in the water to perk their energy up. Make sure they don't have pasty butt. Some are just weaker and the laws of nature win out unfortunately. I assume they have enough warmth in your brooder box as well. Are they eating at all? If not you could try feeding them by hand with an eye dropper and some yogurt mixed with some crushed chick food. Good Luck!
3/7/2016 10:48 AM report abuse
Ryant of R
Thanks for the reply Richard. All of the things you listed I achieved. Along with the natural loss. So far I have a 10% mortality rate including a pair of red tails that have been hawking, so to speak. I will try to post pics soon of the rangers!
3/28/2016 4:08 AM report abuse