Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Pheasants and Others -> quail

Topic: quail (7 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
quail (7 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report

McMurray Hatchery
Why is it suggested not to mix the differant breeds of quail together?
6/5/2012 4:57 PM report abuse
misspeggsue
Score: 15
Most quail will not get along, and will most likely try to kill each other.
6/22/2012 3:28 PM report abuse
MICHAELA
Score: 18
Some breed are more aggressive than others.
7/28/2012 5:13 PM report abuse
NATHANT
Score: 21
I used to raise bob whites. They were neat little birds. I had one male who actually did all the incubating of a nest of eggs, chased the female away any time she got near and brooded the chicks himself until they were old enough to take care of themselves. Thought that was a bit odd but I guess he wanted to be the stay at home dad
4/24/2013 9:57 AM report abuse
LISAH
Score: 2
Now that my little flock of quail is starting to lay and breed, I am wanting to add a couple more hens to each rooster. Each group is by itself with one male and two females. Will the groups accept additional females if I grow them out first them try to add them to the flock? Will the male mate with the new females?
7/11/2013 3:23 PM report abuse
KYLE4
Score: 21
Lisa, what I do when adding extra birds like that is put them in a different cage at the same time, even if its just for a few days, that way you avoid the territorial instinct thing. If you don't have extra room like that I would add the new birds at night
8/26/2013 9:33 AM report abuse
LISAH
Score: 2
Great, thank you!
8/26/2013 9:37 AM report abuse