Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Chickens -> Very first order

Topic: Very first order (6 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Very first order (6 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
PAULA3
Score: 5
Just brought my three juvenile girls home from the Post Office (right on time.). They are beautiful, healthy-looking, and lively! One even laid an egg on the journey. Thank you!
p.s. The USPS has a wonderful tracking system, and my local PO was more than happy to call me right away - I had let them know I was expecting the delivery.
4/20/2016 12:36 PM report abuse
MATTHEW45
Score: 3
Similar experience. All went very well. All made it through shipping very well aside from the obvious stress it must have been for them. Understandable.
And the buff went into coop and laid an egg within two hours so cool.
4/28/2016 9:29 AM report abuse
Wenstar
Score: 1
Post deleted by Wenstar 7/13/2016 8:34 PM 7/4/2016 3:46 PM report abuse
misspeggsue
Score: 15
Regarding any losses, please call 1-800-456-3280 and we will be happy to assist you. We do have a care page under FAQ's - Chick Care - What do we do now? Also, the chick grit should be lightly sprinkled on their feed after the third day, like you would salt or pepper your food.
7/5/2016 9:52 AM report abuse
Wenstar
I called the number and the lady on the phone at Murry McMurry was very friendly and very nice. Excellent service. Exceed our expectations. We received replacement order of 17 chicks yesterday. This time all the chicks look like healthy and energetic. We are very happy about your advice and service. We really appreciate your kind help.
7/13/2016 8:49 PM report abuse
MICHELLE58
Hi! I just received my first order yesterday. Sadly, my exotic arrived deceased and today we lost my one little girl who arrived lethargic, in spite of lots of hand feeding and close body contact to keep her warm. The remaining 16 (which is still plenty for me!) seem very energetic and fiesty and seem to be great eaters and drinkers, so my husband keeps telling me to relax, they will be fine. He's never raised chicks this young, so I'd love some reassurance from someone who has done this before. Thanks!
7/16/2016 2:06 AM report abuse