Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Chickens -> Buff laced polish

Topic: Buff laced polish (2 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Buff laced polish (2 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
JERALDS
Score: 2
jstudsdahl@live.com
Northfield, MN
How do you tell if they are roosters or hens we received one as our free exotic chick then ordered 6 more to keep it company any help would be appreciated thanks in advance
5/18/2016 8:09 PM report abuse

PATRICES
Score: 34
KALISPELL, MT
Survived our first winter in Montana. Girls did well even when it got to -22.
I assumed the buff laced polish I got as my free exotic chick was a cockerel and I was right. Seems that the vast majority of free exotic chicks are male. Female buff laced polish polish have a poofier more rounded hairdo. Males have a slopier hairdo and longer wattles. I had read that they were not cold hearty but Einstein made it through the winter without a problem.

My buff laced polish, now a grown up rooster is now in solitary confinement in a small run and coop. He decided this year to start attacking me. Am hoping a few months of me feeding and watering him makes him realize he needs me. He's too skinny for soup.
5/19/2016 3:15 PM report abuse