Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Chickens -> Return policy

Topic: Return policy (3 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Return policy (3 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report

MICHAEL124
Score: 0
Can I return a less than 20 week old chicken if it's a male and I ordered females
6/30/2016 1:19 PM report abuse

PATRICES
Score: 34
KALISPELL, MT
Survived our first winter in Montana. Girls did well even when it got to -22.
Sexing for chicks is only accurate about 90% of the time. No one can be right all the time and the hatcheries tell you that in advance. No hatchery will take back a chicken. Hatcheries must maintain a very closed system. Otherwise there would be too much of a chance of illnesses getting into the hatchery and killing their birds. Hatcheries do not take in random birds, even if they were hatched there as they could have been exposed to who knows what diseases. They do not allow tours of the hatchery as people can bring diseases into the hatchery on their shoes. Even tires of cars can bring in diseases.

I once tried to get a job at an egg farm. I was turned down because I owned a cockatiel. Potentially my bird could have or could get a disease that I could carry into the egg farm.

If you do not want the rooster you can try to rehome it.
7/4/2016 1:14 AM report abuse
misspeggsue
Score: 15
You cannot return the chicken. Please call 1-800-456-3280 and we will be happy to assist you.
7/5/2016 11:16 AM report abuse