Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Ducks & Geese -> Crooked stripe

Topic: Crooked stripe (4 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Crooked stripe (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report

nemille
Score: 0
HUNTSVILLE, TX
I have an 11 week old African gander (I think). He is a beautiful specimen, with the exception that his neck stripe runs more down the side rather than the back. Is this a known genetic defect or could there be a physical cause?
7/20/2016 9:23 AM report abuse

PATRICES
Score: 34
KALISPELL, MT
Survived our first winter in Montana. Girls did well even when it got to -22.
The vast majority of birds of any kind are not prefect when compared to the "standard." The standard is what a show bird, a perfect bird, will look like. The feathers not being perfect is not a genetic problem. It is what happens. If you paid a couple hundred dollars for a show bird then take it back to the breeder. If you paid $20 or $30 for the goose then you got exactly what you paid for.
7/24/2016 8:17 PM report abuse

nemille
Score: 0
HUNTSVILLE, TX
Wow, I'm not looking to place any blame here. We're talking about my Sweet Pea and I wouldn't give him up for the world. I was just worried there might be a problem I need to be aware of. I am new to raising waterfowl; I have 7 geese and 9 ducks that I bought from McMurray and have been very happy with the quality of their birds and customer service.
7/24/2016 9:14 PM report abuse

PATRICES
Score: 34
KALISPELL, MT
Survived our first winter in Montana. Girls did well even when it got to -22.
Didn't think you were looking to blame someone. It's just a fact. Geese breeds have standards just like dog breeds have standards. The vast majority do not match the standard. However, people still breed them and enjoy them. Most of us have owned dogs that are mutts or pure bred pet quality. Nothing wrong with them at all.
11/6/2016 1:41 PM report abuse