Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Chickens -> Chicken murderer

Topic: Chicken murderer (3 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Chicken murderer (3 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
DARRENG
Score: 3
darreng@duo-county.com
Think it was a weasel as my pin was shut up and all openings are small. Chicken bitten on back of neck. Is a live trap best and what is good bait. Shhhh, I am hunting chicken killers.
8/5/2016 3:58 PM report abuse
PAT7
Score: 0
I would use a live trap and a 22. Drill a small hole in the trigger plate and tie or wire your bait to the trigger, for bait I boil chicken tie a leg in the trap and make a trail of shredded chicken leading to the trap. good hunting
8/10/2016 7:08 PM report abuse
MARK73
Score: 3
I was once responsible for trapping several minks from several very large laying barns operated by my local county penal institution. the minks would sometimes kill well over a hundred birds in a single night in a barn! They would bite each one on the neck and only eat the liver and sometimes the heart out of a few of the birds! First find the point of entry. Indeed it may be quite small only a couple of inches in diameter! If they can squeeze their head through they can get their body through! Cover with sheet metal (or old can tops)all other holes or fill them with concrete and cover with wire (bury the wire at least 6 Inches deep and then one foot out from the base of the perimeter of the coop.) I found canned jack mackerel very effective and cheap bait for minks, rats, raccoons, opossums, and domestic pets! Place your lethal traps in the path outside the hole! Wash them well first and wear gloves when handling them. If using live traps place them just adjacent the entry hole , also keeping them free of your scent. You will catch more animals if they can see all the way though the live trap used. You may cover the live trap with hay, leaves etc., if you wish, but do not cover the opposite end from the traps opening! If you catch a live animal and especially a mink or a skunk be very careful! Cover the live trap with a heavy towel or better a small canvas tarp first (after approaching carefully if it is a skunk), then quickly bag it in a plastic bag if it is a skunk and wear a cartridge type chemical mask!)Release the animals at least several miles away or humanely destroy the predator. Some animals may try and turn on you during release, wear long heavy gauntlet type gloves and stand behind the trap. I sometimes rigged a pull string and or used a stick to help open the trap! Be careful and good luck! I preferred lethal traps for Mink!
9/29/2016 1:05 PM report abuse