Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Washington -> Lets get this thing started

Topic: Lets get this thing started (3 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Lets get this thing started (3 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
CHARLESL
Score: 2
I live in Vancouver and have 7 hens now for eggs and 6 or so Seramas on the way for fun. They are on day 16 in incubator.
6/21/2012 4:43 PM report abuse

KASSANDRA
Score: 29
STANWOOD, WA
I live in Stanwood and have 19 assorted hens (Americaunas, Light Brahmas, Black Cochins, New Hampshire Red, and Partridge Rock) and one rooster (Americauna) as well as some ancient hens (couple Buff Orpingtons, couple Barred Rocks) and their bantam rooster (Turken).

My younger hens will be 3 months old on the 2nd of July.
6/26/2012 3:41 PM report abuse

CHICKEN BUFF
Score: 1
Former Alaskans retired to eastern Washington state. This is our fourth year of chicken keeping and we are absolutely HOOKED. My hubs built an incredible coop from a pattern we found online and we painted it to match the house. We've made friends throughout the neighborhood with gifts of fresh eggs.

The flock began with 15 chicks from McMurray Hatchery, and we've added chicks every year since, always trying out new breeds. At present, our top favorites are the Araucanas (Easter Eggers), Polish Crested, Speckled Sussex, Cuckoo Marans, and Cochins. All very friendly.
Former Alaskans retired to eastern Washington state. This is our third year of chicken keeping and we are absolutely HOOKED. My hubs built an incredible coop from a pattern we found online and we painted it to match the house. We've made friends throughout the neighborhood with gifts of fresh eggs.

The flock began with 15 chicks from McMurray Hatchery - Australorps, Delawares, Red Stars, Speckled Sussex and New Hampshire. Got a bonus chick which turned out to be a Buttercup rooster.

Our absolute favorites? The Speckled Sussex and Red Star. We shared a number of our chickens among family and now we have a flock of eight who will be three years old in April.

We've ordered another 15 chicks for April --- Speckled Sussex of course, plus Americaunas, Cuckoo Marans, Buttercups and Black Stars. We look forward to the "bonus" exotic chick to see what we get! It's like a Crackerjack prize!
1/16/2015 10:23 AM report abuse