Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Chickens -> Jumbo Cornish Chicks

Topic: Jumbo Cornish Chicks (2 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Jumbo Cornish Chicks (2 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
PHYLICIAM
Score: 1
I have had my Jumbo Cornish Chicks for 6 days now. They arrived in great condition. I ordered 20, but received 21 not including the little free Hamburg chick. I ended up losing one of the Cornish, poor thing died right in my hand while I was trying to save it. But I still have 20, which is what I ordered in the first place, so I am pretty happy about that!
I followed all of the Chick Care guidelines to a T that are on the website and I am confident that the rest of the chicks will be healthy and happy up to processing time (not sure how happy they will be when that day comes).
I have so much confidence in the quality of the birds offered by McMurray that I will be buying my next batch from here again!
I started mine on 18% starter to slow down the growth a bit, then plan to add 20% next week and up until processing. I have also started them on fermented starter as well and they LOVE it! Mine will also see about 2 hours of pasture grazing time with the laying hens to keep them active and mobile. I am hoping this will prevent some of the leg issues associated with the breed and since I don't mind a little slower growth rate, it should work out fine. It really is shocking how fast they grow!
8/30/2016 1:26 PM report abuse
VANESSAS
Score: 0
It is shocking how fast they grow, I just got fifteen different breed chicks. I'm aiming for eggs but I picked out one red ranger boiler. There is no doubt which one she is because she is more than double the size of the rest.
9/9/2016 8:29 AM report abuse