Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Health/Care -> Juvenile birds with Cocciiosis

Topic: Juvenile birds with Cocciiosis (1 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Juvenile birds with Cocciiosis (1 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
BARBARA20
Score: 1
Got 3 juvenile birds to add to my flock. I have always had all chicks survive from McMurray up to this time- although I did have one that failed to thrive.

After 9 days I found bloody stools in the shavings. These chicks were supposed to be vaccinated for Cocci - have never had any hens get it on my land. The next day one of the Wellsummer's was dead. Today I noticed another one lethargic - syringe fed every hour or so - I reluctantly had to put them on Corid for the cocci - this afternoon she seemed better.
There is a reason I buy the older chicks. First I don't know how old these are because McMurray said they were too busy to mark how old they were. All other orders would tell me. By 4-6 weeks they should have built up immunity.
Before i used McMurrays I lost my entire first flock to Mareks because the birds weren't vaccinated. It was sheer misery watching one die every month for a year. When I got my McMurray chicks I could finally walk out and not wonder whether one would be sick or dead - until now.
I am just so disappointed.
Post edited by BARBARA20 7/9/2017 9:31 PM
7/9/2017 9:30 PM report abuse