Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Health/Care -> Dying Chicks

Topic: Dying Chicks (1 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Dying Chicks (1 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
AMY76
Score: 0
I tried calling the hatchery yesterday evening but they're closed. I picked up my silkie chicks from the post office on Wednesday. I checked them all for pasty butt (and we have been every day) and everything seemed good. I got them in the brooder, good temperatures and following the care sheet the hatchery sent me.

Starting Thursday night, one of the chicks was squawking quite loudly, and very weak. She was still alive by Friday morning but then passed away during the day. Shortly after she passed away, another one started the same thing. By this morning, we now have lost 5 baby chicks. They seem okay, then get progressively weaker. I'm not sure how to help these babies :( We did the quik chik and the gro-gel.

It was suggested to me that it could be coccidia and we should do a medicated feed. But we did the coccidia vaccination and saw that the medicated feed would nullify that.

Any ideas at all? My daughter is raising these for 4-H and is getting very depressed.
8/26/2017 10:34 AM report abuse