Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Health/Care -> quality of McMurray started pullets

Topic: quality of McMurray started pullets (1 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
quality of McMurray started pullets (1 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
JAMES54
Score: 2
My story starts on Jan of 2015 I ordered 2 started pullets from McMurray, 1 Rhode Island Red and 1 Barred Rock. By July of 2016 had to put the BR down due to internal laying and needed to rehome the RIR due to going broody every month from spring to July that year. RIRs are not to go broody that often(according to McMurray) In late August of 2016 I ordered 2 Red Stars, and in October of 2016 I ordered 2 Black Stars. I have one Red Star that seems healthy. One Red Star which started with egg issues this spring. The Black Stars laid small almost white eggs(not what McMurray states should happen)with one Black Star the size of a bantam, both BSs were rehomed this July. I paid over $300(my choice) to purchase all of the above hens...only one hen is what McMurray states it should be. I totally understood that these hens were hatchery stock, but one hen out of six?...this is my story
9/18/2017 6:39 PM report abuse