Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Chickens -> Spring is coming

Topic: Spring is coming (4 messages)

Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Spring is coming (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report

Score: 41
Survived our first winter in Montana. Girls did well even when it got to -22.
Spring is nearly here and I'm getting so excited. Chicks that were ordered in October should be arriving in 1 1/2 months. For my order last year I got a Blue Cochin as my mystery chick and it was a girl!!! Like her so much that I ordered a dozen Blue Cochins this year. Also getting more Salmon Faverolles. As you can tell I love big fluffy girls. Hoping everyone has a good spring with healthy new chicks.
1/19/2018 11:37 AM report abuse
Score: 0
I know how you feel! Our first order of the year is arriving next week. We're prepared already to keep our babies warm until it's a reasonable temp in Michigan for them to explore outside. Happy (almost) spring!
1/22/2018 6:32 AM report abuse

Score: 5
I'm super excited for my order to arrive too! I've wanted to try the Salmon Faverolles someday. Already having one persistent broody, I was deterred by their "extrememly likely" broody rating, though! How are yours, Patrices?

This year I stuck to a only non-setting layers. With Blue Andalusians, Red Leghorns, Cuckoo Marans, and the Whiting True Blue / Green breeds, I'll have a nice rainbow of eggs.
1/26/2018 6:05 PM report abuse

Score: 41
Survived our first winter in Montana. Girls did well even when it got to -22.
So far I haven't had any problems with the Salmon Faverolles getting broody. They are not the best of layers but then my chickens are more pets than anything else. From March through the summer I give away my extra eggs to all the neighbors. I just adore the Salmon Faverolles roosters. They are big boys with lovely coloring. They also don't drive me crazy with constant crowing. I'd actually like them to crow more than they do.
1/31/2018 12:15 PM report abuse