Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
The first ship date for everything in your cart is .
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Breeds -> Whiting True Green

Topic: Whiting True Green (10 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Whiting True Green (10 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report

VICTORIA9
Score: 5
BOZEMAN, MT
Has anyone ordered Whiting True Greens before and taken a picture of their chicks? I know the True Blues are multi-colored, but the description of the True Greens is more consistent: "reddish to chestnut colored and on the light side." I'm wondering if the chicks are more uniformly colored than the True Blues?
1/27/2018 11:24 AM report abuse

PATRICES
Score: 42
KALISPELL, MT
Survived our first winter in Montana. Girls did well even when it got to -22.
This is the first time I've seen Whiting True Green for sale. They weren't available last year. No one would have experience with them.
1/31/2018 12:30 PM report abuse
PHYLICIAM
Score: 2
The True Greens are the yellow ones with some faint chestnust shadowing that looks like chipmunk on the back
Post edited by PHYLICIAM 1/31/2018 3:17 PM
1/31/2018 3:16 PM report abuse

VICTORIA9
BOZEMAN, MT
PatriceS, good to know -- guess I'll have to rely on anyone with an order date earlier than mine! PhyliciaM, you wouldn't happen to have a pic would you? Did you get some this year?

I'll definitely be taking some photographs when I get my chicks next week, but I've got Andalusians, Cuckoo Marans, Whiting True Blues, and Brown Leghorns in addition to the Whiting True Greens. The chick ID game will be fun. :-)
2/1/2018 9:27 AM report abuse
PHYLICIAM
Unless someone has some directly from Dr Whiting’s farm in Delta, there wont be anyone with and earlier order date that Jan 29 2018 because Dr Whiting just sent the parent flock to McMurray last year for 2018 sales.
However, I can tell you that I go to Whiting Farms periodically and know the breeds very well. I have had True Blues for over a year that I bought from him directly. The True Blues will be all types of feather colors including red. The True Greens will feather out red / chestnut red and some may have a creamy under coat feathering. If you have True Blues that look like they will be red once featherd, you can put a leg tag on them to keep them from getting mixed in with your True Greens who will also be red.
The photo McMurray has is a good example of what to expect your True Greens to look like as adults.
2/1/2018 10:33 AM report abuse
PHYLICIAM
I have posted pics but none of them seem to be showing up in the thread, sorry
2/1/2018 10:36 AM report abuse

VICTORIA9
BOZEMAN, MT
The pics might show up after moderator review. I will have patience. :-)
2/1/2018 1:21 PM report abuse

VICTORIA9
BOZEMAN, MT
PhyliciaM: coloring about like this? I have two that look similar. The only other yellow ones are very thoroughly chipmunky. :-)
2/8/2018 4:33 PM report abuse
PHYLICIAM
Victoria... yes that is a True Green chick
2/13/2018 7:14 PM report abuse

VICTORIA9
BOZEMAN, MT
Thought I'd add some more pictures. I have two chicks that are very light with pale striping as in my previous post, and a couple that are darker, like the one on the left in the first photo below (I think the one on the right is probably a True Blue). My suspected True greens are now almost five week old in the two last photos.
Post edited by VICTORIA9 3/10/2018 4:37 PM
3/10/2018 4:33 PM report abuse