Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter your name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
The first ship date for everything in your cart is .
ALERT: Our 800 number is currently down. Please contact us at 515.832.3280.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Incubating & Hatching Eggs -> first timer, hatching duck eggs general ?

Topic: first timer, hatching duck eggs general ? (3 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
first timer, hatching duck eggs general ? (3 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
Para
Score: 0
Hello:

My cayuga duck eggs are due to arrive any day now. I have my incubator set up and it is working great. This is probably a silly question, but:

I know that I am supposed to stop turning them on day 25... is it correct to assume that the eggs I receive in shipment are on "day 1" when I put them in the incubator? Or are they a few days old already?
5/21/2020 8:33 AM report abuse

PATRICES
Score: 51
KALISPELL, MT
Survived our first winter in Montana. Girls did well even when it got to -22.
The eggs will not start to develop until they are in the incubator. They require more than room temperature to develop. So, 24 hours after you have put the eggs into the incubator they will have been developing for 1 day. You do not count the day you put them in as day 1. After that every 24 hours adds another day.
5/21/2020 12:40 PM report abuse
Para
Score: 0
Thank you, Patrices! This is very helpful. So, I get them today (or tomorrow), put them in the incubator, and after 24 hours in the incubator, that counts as day 1? First time jitters, I want to do this as right as I can for my new batch.
5/21/2020 12:47 PM report abuse