Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter your name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
The first ship date for everything in your cart is .
ALERT: Our 800 number is currently down. Please contact us at 515.832.3280.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Ducks & Geese -> Thoughts on my Chinese geese

Topic: Thoughts on my Chinese geese (1 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Thoughts on my Chinese geese (1 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
JENNIFER158
Score: 0
I ordered 10 white and 10 brown Chinese geese which arrived in March. Only one of the brown ones didn’t make it here alive, and we got them overnight.

Now that they’re up and going with great gusto I can see differences between the two groups. They have all been raised together.

The browns are a bit smaller in stature. They also tend to be much less vocal than their white counterparts. Their ‘honking’ is less pronounced but they still add to the cacophony a respectable amount.

The Whites are bigger, noticeably. A lot more aggressive, but not vicious, just very assertive. Loud. Really, really loud.

Overall very smart, easily trained to be herded into their house in the evening. With even our summer dried up field they still eat just a small amount of feed. Which is with them, free choice all night. Along with 2 5 gallon buckets of water.

It’s interesting to see that 2 groups have loosely formed being of both colors.

I am thrilled with them. I’ve kept various kinds of geese over the decades and these are exactly what I wanted.

A picture which is a couple of months old.
7/26/2020 9:37 PM report abuse