Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter your name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
The first ship date for everything in your cart is .
ALERT: Our 800 number is currently down. Please contact us at 515.832.3280.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Chickens -> Whiting True blue Problems

Topic: Whiting True blue Problems (4 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Whiting True blue Problems (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report

Andy's heritage hens
Score: 1
I ordered 12 Whiting True Blue chicks (10 pullets, 2 males)in a 50 chick order
One had wry neck at 1 wk.(passed away, sadly) at one month, Another is lame in both legs- slowly declining.I have lost 1/3 of the Whitings, but no other breeds have had any problems: 2 went lame, 2 runts (1 died with no explanation), and 1 wry neck.
Everyone else is healthy. Surviving Whitings lay few, but nice light blue eggs.
1/25/2021 6:40 PM report abuse
STEPHANYM
Score: 0
My whiting true blue (the only one I know that survived out of 3) had a respiratory illness. I had to treat whole flock of chicks with antibiotics. She is doing well now, though her growth was stunted as she was near death. I am thinking mcmurray had a breakout of respiratory illness as I saw another poster had the same with their whiting true blues.
3/17/2021 8:04 PM report abuse
MARK116
Score: 2
So far so good, with my new Whiting True Blue chicks! Ordered 5 females and all are active, eating, drinking and being adventurous, compared to some other chicks in the order.
5/19/2021 11:48 AM report abuse
MARK116
Score: 2
Update, on my MMH chicks, including Whiting True blues. The chicks were hatched May17th, received May 20th at 8AM. I lost one Whiting to a Corn Snake 5 feet long when I first put them in my coop, due to me missing a small hole. The others are all beautiful healthy birds! Now they are maturing into fine chickens, as are all remaining 26 chicks, received alive. I had one DOA, I think the free mystery chick, that was trampled unrecognizable, when I first opened them. The quality is great to average for a batch of well bred chickens! A couple of birds are, arguably, show quality and exhibit the standards of perfection well, for their type. I got a few extra roosters so the sexing was about 75 percent accurate. I am OK with that! Good healthy, decent quality, and that is on every order I have placed with MMH, starting in the 1970's.
9/8/2021 9:00 AM report abuse