Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter your name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
The first ship date for everything in your cart is .
ALERT: Our 800 number is currently down. Please contact us at 515.832.3280.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Chickens -> An odd topic, it would seem

Topic: An odd topic, it would seem (2 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
An odd topic, it would seem (2 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
Peggy14
Score: 0
Has anyone heard of or dealt with Gape Worms? I would like to know how it is transmitted and is there a treatment? I have reason to believe that my young Pullet died from Gape worms. I drove all over town looking for someone who had some knowledge of it, hoping to save her but not even my vet had heard of it before (I cant faullt him because he doesn't treat farm animals. The feed store (the one that had someone who had heard about them) said to rush her to the vet. But as I said, we don't have a local farm animal vet.
4/9/2021 12:16 PM report abuse
Teddy1
Score: 0
Looks like treated with Ivermectin (Ivomec) and moxidectin (Cydectin). If your birds have a heavy worm infestation, a strong dose can cause problems whereby if all the worms are killed at once, blockages in windpipe.

https://wagwalking.com/bird/condition/gapeworms

I used Grapefruit Seed Extract in drinking water for some kind of eye worm. It worked for my birds.
4/24/2021 4:46 PM report abuse