Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter your name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
The first ship date for everything in your cart is .
ALERT: Our 800 number is currently down. Please contact us at 515.832.3280.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Tennessee -> Hello Tennessee

Topic: Hello Tennessee (1 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Hello Tennessee (1 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
MARK116
Score: 2
I have been raising chickens off and on since the 1950's with my family. From 1976 till now (2021), I have owned chickens all but about four years. I recently began again after a three year break, due to illness. I missed my chickens and my garden and compost pile missed my chickens! I have 27, almost three week old chicks, in my garage(brooder) and they are very soon to go outside into my newly converted pony shed/Chicken coop, along with fully wire covered run! I have tried a bunch of chickens over the years, but decided to try a bunch more, rather than an old favorite. Five varieties of hens, Welsummer, Black Minorca, Whiting True Blue, Partridge Cochin and last, the old familiar Buff Orpington, I got a couple Welsummer roosters for myself and a couple Buff Orpington Roosters for a friend. The two Cochins I got because of their fame for sitting and mothering (and because I never had them). I am looking forward to a lot of nice colorful eggs from this flock! I am in the low hot southwest end of the state, where plentiful shade is imperative and minks are common! At least we don't have bears, normally. A rare one strayed through a few years ago. I hope I have the new hen house tight enough to keep the mink out! I have fought that battle before and do not want to have a repeat! I just finished the house today(finally) and the chicks are fast outgrowing the brooder set up! I need to take new pictures of the house and the birds.
6/3/2021 12:06 AM report abuse