Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Canning -> canning reciepe needed!

Topic: canning reciepe needed! (4 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
canning reciepe needed! (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
BRYANM
Score: 13
I have got 50 meat chicks on their way and would like to can a few and am looking for some ways to try. thank you
7/21/2012 9:31 AM report abuse
TINAC
Score: 160
guess no one ever responded? what were you looking for? you can just cut them up and pack cold --- pressure can for 90 minutes and 10 pounds --- then use for sandwiches - soups, salads, etc
4/13/2013 5:21 PM report abuse
FLOYDW
Score: 9
Sorry no one answered ur request ,. There are allot of things you can do with chicken. Chicken soup is easy to jar up. I would advise deboning some of the Breast so you can just put up boneless Breast.
Then use the bones to make a great broth that you can make different soups up with using your chicken, we use egg noodle and make some good chicken noodle soup . Sure is nice to come in side and heat up a homemade ready meal.
We are from the south I even make my own gumbo and can it, we cube the chicken uo and cook it i the oven this helps to keep your chicken from falling all apart while it is boiled in the pressure cooker. The boneless Breast make a really good chicken salad. If you have never done it . Try it it just taste so fresh out of the jar, I guess we have been so use to the Cannes taste, but with the jars it is superb.
Get inventive with what you do when it comes to canning, we do allo of our canning by cooking the items to jsut how we like them and that way you are able to taste test your product before you can it.ll
Good luck !
3/10/2015 11:10 AM report abuse
CYRILK
Score: 1
I would can meat and stock (debone it and skin it and use wide mouth canning jars for ease of retrieving the meat) but would not add noodles or vegetables in the canning process. Noodles store well on a shelf so a few less cans means a little less work and canned noodles tend to be mush. Same with the vegetables. Go ahead and add your favorite spices and seasonings. It will be good for soup, chili etc.

I process at 15 pounds for 45 minutes. I know most say that's overkill, but it works well for me.
Post edited by CYRILK 6/23/2015 1:15 PM
6/23/2015 1:14 PM report abuse