Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Arizona -> Ornamental Layer Collection

Topic: Ornamental Layer Collection (3 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Ornamental Layer Collection (3 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
DARWIND
Score: 0
Hi, this is my first post here. I just ordered the Ornamental Layer Collection for delivery in February. Anyone else ordered this special? I imagine that will get them ready for our laying season here in October... if they survive the brutal summer. Can't wait to see which breeds I get... and all females.!!
10/18/2012 7:22 AM report abuse
JOHN T
Score: 2
CASA GRANDE, AZ
They should survive the summer. Provide plenty of accessible water and shade. I have numerous citrus in the yard. My birds (leghorns, rhode island reds, austrolorps, anconas, amerucanas, & black stars) take short forays and then lounge under the trees to cool off. My were all laying by 6 months. I am thinking you will see eggs by August. Good luck!
1/19/2013 8:06 PM report abuse
ROGERR
Score: 0
rroberts811@aol.com
VAIL, AZ
The weather here doesn't seem to bother the too much. Give them a shady spot and some loose dirt they can lay in and there fine. Mine have lived outside for 5 years now and never have been affected health wise by the weather winter or summer. Egg laying slows down a lot in the winter
1/27/2013 3:16 PM report abuse