Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Feed -> honey ???

Topic: honey ??? (4 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
honey ??? (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report

The Walrus
Score: 26
i know it sounds wierd, but when winter hits, i make the chix a big pot of oatmeal to give them before i head off to work, you know, something warm in thier bellies. my wife suggested i put honey in it. she figured it would give them more energy for a cold day. is it o.k. to give them honey?
10/31/2012 9:27 AM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
That is great, but only as a treat. Be sure you are still feeding their layer for nutrition. Or you could also use the layer feed instead of oatmeal. Just mix with warm water or milk. Yes, it is fine to add the honey for extra energy. They love it!
11/2/2012 9:11 AM report abuse

SweetPea
Score: 21
I'm WI girl who's had chickens for 9 years and experienced a ton in that time!
Sounds intresting. Could you post as to how they swallow it? I dont think I'd want to give it to my bearded gals though. How messy is it? Thanks. :)
1/9/2013 10:04 PM report abuse
TINAC
Score: 160
when i feed them a warm meal - i just cook it like i would for our family -- so all the water is cooked in ... i think i would add molasses instead of honey (i think it is cheaper .. ?) that is what we did for our milk cow
4/17/2013 2:15 PM report abuse