Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Turkeys -> Turkey eggs

Topic: Turkey eggs (4 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Turkey eggs (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
ODISB
Score: 10
Are turkey eggs edible?
1/17/2013 8:02 PM report abuse
DENNISC
Score: 1
Yes. But they will be larger so you may only need one egg for an omelet instead of two.
1/19/2013 4:23 PM report abuse
WILLIAMZ
Score: 1
There is a lot of albumin (egg white) in those eggs. Did a turkey challenge. Scrambled one turkey egg and then one chicken egg. The chicken egg was bright like our normal egg. The turkey egg was a lighter yellow much like a store bought egg.
6/11/2013 6:51 PM report abuse
ELENAC
Score: 2
They are perfectly edible and they are delicious. As for yolk color, it depends on what you feed them. Even now in the middle of winter in Western NC my free-range broad-breasted turkeys eat way more grass than my chickens. My turkeys have much darker and richer egg yolks, while in my chickens it depends on how diligent they are. Some chickens prefer to eat their feed, and then just sit back and relax, they have lighter yolks. Some chickens are great foragers and they have much brighter yolks, yet, turkeys beat them all, even though I feed them the same way. If broad-breasted are such great foragers, I can only imagine how good heritage turkeys will be. I'll be buying heritage turkeys next spring.
1/12/2016 10:24 AM report abuse