Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Chickens -> Outrage

Topic: Outrage (80 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Next »
Outrage (80 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
CAROLYN2
Score: 9
Post deleted by CAROLYN2 3/8/2015 8:39 PM 2/20/2013 7:21 AM report abuse
TINAM
Score: 5
wow, you've had the exact opposite delivery experience to what I had. I'm so sorry your chicks didn't get to you. Mine just arrived yesterday morning. I was worrying because the PO was closed Monday and thought Tuesday was streatching it. Not to have received them today (Wed) would have me in a panic too. I don't think it's McMurray's fault though, because I got my chicks Tuesday. And I'm a little further than you are (coast of NC). Do post when you get your chicks and if you're able to save them. I did go by my PO last week and let them know to be watching for the chicks and they called me early in the morning before the PO opened, to come get them.
2/20/2013 11:54 AM report abuse

LYNN1
Score: 3
I am so sorry you did not get your chicks yet; I was also concerned about the delay due to the President's Day post office holiday, but I did get them yesterday, Tuesday, all the way to Seattle and all but one look good so far. McMurray explained to me that they did not ship on the weekend like usual but held off til very early Monday morning. Sending you good thoughts that yours arrive intact.
2/20/2013 12:01 PM report abuse
CAROLYN2
Post deleted by CAROLYN2 3/8/2015 8:39 PM 2/20/2013 12:19 PM report abuse
CAROLYN2
Post deleted by CAROLYN2 3/8/2015 8:39 PM 2/20/2013 1:19 PM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
Carolyn- Again we apologize for the shipping issues with your order. We are glad you called and emailed bringing this to our attention. We've contacted our postal reps and are looking into the delay. Please remember our customer service operators are here to help with any questions or concerns. We look forward to speaking with you tomorrow.
2/20/2013 3:06 PM report abuse
CAROLYN2
No chicks again today :(
2/21/2013 6:27 AM report abuse
RANDYE
Score: 4
Carolyn2 - did your chicks ever arrive ? And their condition ?
3/3/2013 12:18 PM report abuse
CAROLYN2
Post deleted by CAROLYN2 3/8/2015 8:40 PM 3/3/2013 1:50 PM report abuse
Dale
Score: 48
YACHATS, OR
Extreme Western Oregon
Our first ever online chick order is scheduled for next week. I understand your chagrin, I am now a little more worried, but I do know from research that most of McMurrays Chicks arrive healthy. Crossing my fingers, and sorry for your experience.
3/4/2013 2:47 PM report abuse
RANDYE
Dale,
We were notified by email Sunday that our chicks had been shipped. The post office called at 6:30 am today (Monday) that they were in. I picked them up at 7 am. Brought them home, took the top off the box and two chicks jumped out - - and they are only two days old!! They are all very active and chirping loudly.
They all took to water and food immediately and tonight they are doing just fine. We are off to an A-1 excellent start - thank you McMurray :))
RandyE
3/4/2013 5:08 PM report abuse
TERESAM
Score: 13
Hi all, Sorry to hear about PO blundering. Its not a nice experience. But that said the hatchery sends chic's out in good faith the PO will do its job.. You should not let it keep you from ordering again. if your area is rural really rural like I am—> speak with your post master and have him find out the shipping time frame and how early you can pick them up at your destination. Then order your chic's. This can ease your nerves. I live in extreme Western WA. the Olympic Peninsula. I drive 30 miles to get my chic's. The tracking info MM has added to the order is helpful too. MM packaging is really over the top very very good. Chic death in shipping is common, sad but common. Do not let that discourage you from re-ordering.. hope this helps?
3/5/2013 12:08 PM report abuse
CAROLYN2
Post deleted by CAROLYN2 3/8/2015 8:40 PM 3/6/2013 7:52 AM report abuse
joed
I ordered 25 it took 3 days to arrive. 3 were dead and 4 died within an hour. Ordered 25 more it took 4 days all dead. Called to complain and while I was on hold heard a recording of how they sent chicks to emperor of Japan. Was sitting stewing wondering how they could send them to Japan in timely manner but not here in the states. (Not on hold long at all) mcmurray said they would send me another order. Finally get all 25 in plus 1 and my xtra was dead. little top notch hat looking chick. Wife was sad was gonna be hers Overall I did finally receive my order in good health. Murray mcmurray was very polite and helpful in getting me my order. I now have 44 chicks. 19 at 4 weeks all pullets and 25 straight run just few days old. All mixed heavy brown layers. Very excited to see what we got almost like Christmas with all the anticipation. Thank you Murray McMurray
3/6/2013 10:44 AM report abuse
CHERYLK
Post deleted by CHERYLK 3/7/2013 7:19 AM 3/7/2013 7:17 AM report abuse
JANETP
I have ordered chicks from Murry McMurray twice. I am getting ready to order again in a few weeks. I live in a rural area of Virginia and each time all my chicks were in great shape. They all took water and food immediately and continued as happy, healthy chicks! My original fear of having chicks sent from Iowa was unfounded. I could order my chicks from a hatchery closer to my home, but I will continue to order from MM. Why mess with a good thing!
3/7/2013 4:08 PM report abuse
TimR
Score: 92
What I don't understand is why MM ships towards the end of the week. Our chicks are scheduled for delivery either Saturday, May 4, or Monday, May 6. I can't imagine chicks having to sit around in a sorting facility on Sunday. Chicks should be shipped on Monday or Tuesday so there are no delays.

Also, if a shipment shows up dead, does MM make you go to the end of the line to reorder, meaning it will be a month later, or do they ship out new chicks right away?

I have to say I'm rather worried too about the shipping here, and I work for the Postal Service.
3/8/2013 9:02 PM report abuse
joed
I think they send as soon as possible. I had to wait 3 weeks and 1 week for reorders.
3/10/2013 10:38 AM report abuse
Dale
YACHATS, OR
Extreme Western Oregon
Got our chicks today, and everything went like clockwork. They were shipped yesterday, got a call at 7 AM that they were at a sorting facility about 90 miles away and that we could pick them up today if we wanted to. We opted to go get em, and I am happy to say that they are not only alive, they are raring to go. Very healthy, and I am a happy customer. That said, I had no idea the US Post office sorting facilities were open on Sundays. We would have had them in two days if we had just let things take their course, but so much better to have them ALL healthy and vigorous as possible.
Good job, MM and good job to the US Postal Service as well. I only wish everyone got this experience, rather than the original posters.
3/10/2013 8:07 PM report abuse
JIMT
I received my RIR today, Sunday, I was surprised as I thought they would come Monday. Even made plans to leave a day later so I could set up the new chicks. All 27 are peeping and eating and pooping etc. like crazy. Great work McMurray.
3/10/2013 9:55 PM report abuse
JOHN36
Score: 2
McMurray says they would be help at the PO. The PO parcel number says they went out for delivery today. The lady at USPS (probably in India) said I wouldn't be able to pick them up til tomorrow. I got home from work tonight only to find out that they really did hold them at the PO. So disgusted in the USPS, they are just so inept and uncaring. Wonder if any will survive until tomorrow?
6/4/2013 1:14 AM report abuse
MELISSAO
Score: 22
Omg!! My chicks are getting shipped to south Alabama.
Rather cancel order than put them through a preventable death. Does anyone out there have an idea on how long to here.
6/4/2013 11:48 AM report abuse
Dale
YACHATS, OR
Extreme Western Oregon
To MelissaO
I live on the Oregon Coast, which is about as far from McMurray's hatchery as you can get. All my chicks arrived alive, and I was notified they were ready to pick up the next day, (Sunday).
Once in a while, the Postal Service seems to get it all messed up; but for the most part, I and many many others have had excellent service from both McMurrays, and the USPS. So don't get in a panic unless you see the third day approaching with no sign of chicks. Many others will chime in on this , I am sure.
I hope your experience is a positive one. Mine most certainly was.
6/4/2013 12:28 PM report abuse
KEVINF
People...People...People - MM is the best. I do work for the USPS and the birds coming from MM always make it here on Mondays...other companies that ship, the customer never knows when and often the birds do arrive DOA...I have been ordering from MM for 6 years and the chicks have arrived healthy, ready do drink and eat and poop - I wouldn't switch to another provider and the service from the USPS has only gotten better with more visibility in the tracking - I am well pleased!
6/9/2013 4:42 PM report abuse
MELISSAO
Score: 22
Follow-up to earlier post: I got my chicks Monday morning (so. Alabama) All 32 of them were very much alive. Brought them home gave them a little sugar water to start then feed and electrolites being it is over one hundred degrees already, and they are thriving. They eat as much as the my day old ones. I WILL order from MM in the future. I was nervous after reading this post but I cannot say enough about MM. The postal service is a totally different story. We will save that for another day. Please don't hesitate ordering from this company because local feed store chicks rely on usps getting it right also.
Post edited by MELISSAO 6/12/2013 3:09 PM
6/12/2013 3:07 PM report abuse