Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Incubating & Hatching Eggs -> McMurray Eggs

Topic: McMurray Eggs (11 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
McMurray Eggs (11 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
SAMANTHAL
Score: 3
CAMP CROOK, SD
This year our family has decided to hatch eggs and plunge into the world of chickens. I was wondering who has ordered hatching eggs from McMurray and what the hatch rate was? We are planning to have a 72" X 72" coop, with additional outside run. I am not sure if we should take our chances with only 10 hatching eggs and only successfully hatch one, or go for 20 and possibly have 20 chickens! Any advice out there?
Post edited by SAMANTHAL 2/26/2013 11:19 PM
2/26/2013 11:09 PM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
We use the same eggs to hatch here at the hatchery. When using a standard at home incubator, there are many variables to consider when hatching, but you should count for about 50% hatch rate. You could have more or less depending on the incubation but if you follow the instructions and our hatching tips sheet that comes with the eggs you should be successful. I would suggest to start with more eggs because when they hatch you will have males and females and may need to decrease the number of roosters as they mature if you have too many.
2/27/2013 9:33 AM report abuse
SAMANTHAL
Score: 3
CAMP CROOK, SD
Thank you for letting me know to expect about a 50% hatch rate. Now I can order 20 eggs and not be fearful of 20 chicks. Our goal is at least 4 chicks for the 4 kids, so here's praying we don't hatch all males!
3/1/2013 12:51 PM report abuse
SARAW
Score: 1
I ordered three sex link eggs and received four. Guess the extra was a bonus. I put them under my broody hen. I waited 28 days and when i accepted the reality i broke them. With the first tap, they exploded. So now i'm out of the egg hatching business. In future, i'll buy young chicks.
7/24/2014 10:42 AM report abuse
BETTYC
Score: 1
Most places that send you hatching eggs send couple extra just in case. And %50 hatch rate is an average you may be lucky and hatch all 20. Last year we had 14 eggs in the incubator and had 1 hatch so we bought 5 day olds to go with her. This year I have 20 in there wish me luck!
4/6/2015 1:17 PM report abuse
DAMIONN
Score: 0
I bought 20 eggs and 0 hatched so after a phone call they replaced the eggs and guess what? None hatch. Now they say it is my problem........
7/9/2016 6:42 PM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
Because of conditions beyond our control during incubation, we are unable to guarantee hatchability. However, all the eggs we ship will be fresh and guaranteed to get to you in good condition.
7/11/2016 7:55 AM report abuse
DAMIONN
How do I know you send fresh fertilized eggs. All I am asking for is 10 live older birds like 6 to 8 weeks. Really you have to compensate me somehow I will even take 6 RIR.
7/11/2016 5:34 PM report abuse
TINAC
Score: 160
I am sorry but this is really rude.... how do you figure they owe you?? they already replaced eggs once - something they don't even guarantee... if you wanted chickens you should have bought the pullets.... or even young chicks --- they do guarantee them... incubating is something that not all have luck at --- it takes constant correct temp... regular turning and high humidity.... it is really hard at high dry elevations.....
Post edited by TINAC 7/11/2016 11:08 PM
7/11/2016 11:07 PM report abuse
DAMIONN
First of all I have hatched many chick's with my incubator I have a incubator automatic turner so keep your rudeness to your own thoughts
7/12/2016 9:23 AM report abuse
RICHARD43
Score: 2
It Has been my experience when ordering eggs from Murray McMurray that they have gone out of their way to take care of any problems that may have occurred.
For this reason I am a loyal and returning customer.
I am currently awaiting a shipment of eggs from Murray McMurray and expect that I will continue to be treated as their most important customer despite my small operation.
Thank You Murray McMurray for your support and professional manner!
Post edited by RICHARD43 1/20/2017 10:41 AM
1/20/2017 10:39 AM report abuse