Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Iowa -> Chicken Butchering

Topic: Chicken Butchering (3 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Chicken Butchering (3 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
MATTHEWT
Score: 0
Does anyone know who butchers chickens in eastern Iowa or Cedar Rapids specifically? I have called several lockers, but so far all the ones I've called said they don't.
3/7/2013 4:55 PM report abuse
JAMESF
Score: 0
It's tough to find folks that do this and it almost made me want to buy the equipment and start my own business. I live in SW Iowa (Pacific Junction, South of Omaha/Council Bluffs) and I drive about 45 minutes to Duncan Poultry in Missouri Valley. They do a great job and you can watch from the prep cages all the way to a bagged chilled bird. They also have a website at: http://www.duncanspoultry.com I'm not suggesting you drive this way but I found them just by chance. I was in a local feed store and Duncan had a business card posted on the bulletin board. Good luck. Jim
5/9/2014 9:21 AM report abuse
CHRIS38
Score: 1
There is an Amish family by the name of Yoder near Hopkinton that butchers chickens. I believe the cost is $1 per bird. If you go to the Amish grocery store near Hopkinton, they will give you a map to the Yoder farm. I don't have the information handy at this time, but if you respond to this post and request I post the information, I'll be happy to find it and post it for you.
7/29/2015 11:06 AM report abuse