Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Ducks & Geese -> When will my ducks lay eggs?

Topic: When will my ducks lay eggs? (5 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
When will my ducks lay eggs? (5 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
DAVID20
Score: 5
When should i expect them to start laying? They are almost a year old. Also will the one male mate with both females?
3/16/2013 10:46 AM report abuse
Purplebean
I have (Spoiled) Rouens that I hatched early last spring and they were laying before the end of summer, I'd say 4-5 months with mine, they have always free ranged but that shouldn't make much difference. I can't guess why under normal conditions yours would take so long, I'd like to know myself. Your male will do fine with the 2 females as far as breeding. Good luck.
Post edited by Purplebean 3/16/2013 11:47 AM
3/16/2013 11:45 AM report abuse
DAVID20
Mine are also free range. Except right now where they are in with 4 female chickens cause we just moved, but the space is big enough for a dozen or so chickens. I dont know why either.
3/16/2013 1:22 PM report abuse

WalkerC
Score: 22
CAMBRIDGE, WI
I have 20 acres in rural Cambridge where I hobby farm. I have chickens, ducks, geese, guineas, cats, dogs, goats, a horse and a miniature donkey.
They should have by now David. Are you sure you have females? Have you seen them mating?
3/24/2013 12:49 AM report abuse
APRIL
Score: 3
I don't know much about ducks, but my son's chickens quit laying for a long time - came to find out the feed did not have enough protein in it for them to lay. :) They got into the pig's food, and started laying again soon after!
3/29/2013 8:18 AM report abuse