Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Ducks & Geese -> 14 day old Cayuga

Topic: 14 day old Cayuga (2 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
14 day old Cayuga (2 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
DENISE1
Score: 5
First I'd like to say that my 3 ducks that I ordered came happy and thursty. They have grown so much in the short time we've had them.
When we just got them it was pretty easy to tell them apart by personality and a slight difference in size. They are much harder to tell now. One is a little heavier but that's the only difference.

I think they are already starting to get their feathers. A few bare spots on the wings. They have been quite intertaining and playful. It's just amazing to me how they naturally want to be in the water. So much so that I've had to impervise on my watering system 4 times already. I've just given up I guess ducks will be ducks.. Their names are Rose, Gloria and Petunia.

Can't wait until their first swim outside.

Denise
4/14/2013 9:47 AM report abuse
TINAC
Score: 160
sound adorable! we lived in alaska for many years --- and i never wanted to kill them just because come winter --- i hope to get some ducks this year - now that we are in MT --- still have winters - but not as harsh as where we were -- i am not sure what ducks or how many to start wtih -- or if i even will get males --- i was thinking a couple of pairs though of the runners -- they just seem so cute --- but i am not sure... i don't want the mfor meat -- just the entertainment and eggs - if i can afford them
4/14/2013 2:44 PM report abuse