Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Gardening -> anyone have a garden in yet?

Topic: anyone have a garden in yet? (4 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
anyone have a garden in yet? (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
TINAC
Score: 160
still too early for where we are -- but getting anxious --- course it has been snowing for the past 5 days or so - finally today the sun is out again...

hope to have a garden this spring though, starting depends on when/if we are able to move this next month
4/17/2013 2:11 PM report abuse
ODISB
Score: 10
Tinac, yes to early garden, least here in the bluegrass state. I did just put out potatoes and cabbage though. Tomatoes are safe later part of May here. Best of luck with yours.
4/17/2013 9:40 PM report abuse
DEDEN
Score: 0
NEWBURY, OH
No garden in NE Ohio just yet. Highs in the 40's lows near freezing. I'll probably get my window in 2 wks (mid May) I started a lot of my plants with seed in the house because I was dying to get my hands dirty.
4/22/2015 5:21 AM report abuse
qofdisks
Score: 1
SOCORRO, NM
Backyard gardener on the Rio Grande.
It is still too early to plant in NM. I am located Central to the state. Planting can start as early as mid-February for such things as spinach, spring greens, peas and cruciforms with proper mulching. Late freeze is possible to Easter.
Still, I am a flower gardener and I have hundreds of sleeping bulbs and seeds on the ground. I will be seeing flowers early spring first of March with shoots showing in February.
February is the month for pruning but, I can prune into April. I would be pruning now but, I am wintering in with surgical recovery. I plan to swing back into my acre by Spring.
1/16/2016 3:18 PM report abuse