Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Ducks & Geese -> the ugly ducklings

Topic: the ugly ducklings (5 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
the ugly ducklings (5 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
NATHANT
Score: 21
I ordered 3 buff ducklings (1 male and 2 female) when I got the call from my post office and went to pick them up I was very surprised when we opened the box to check on them. All three were alive and in good shape but were super large. The mail lady and I looked at each other and we said at the same time "those are geese." I called the hatchery to tell them about it and the nice lady I spoke with assured me they were ducklings but they don't act or look like any ducklings I've ever seen. They are bigger than 3 week old chickens, they have really thick legs, their bills are more pointed and when you first go into their house they crane their necks out and peep at you. I was told to e-mail pics of them to be identified but I couldn't find an e-mail addy, this was the only way I could find to show pics.
4/24/2013 9:13 AM report abuse
NATHANT
so these are geese right? look how tall they are compared to a 1 gal waterer. from all the info I've read on buff ducks, they aren't really supposed to get very big. If these turn out to be ducks I'll eat my hat
4/25/2013 8:56 AM report abuse
TINAC
Score: 160
looks like the baby buffs here http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/buff_ducks.html
4/25/2013 9:08 AM report abuse
NATHANT
they are way too big though and I've just had them a week as of today
4/25/2013 9:12 AM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
They do look like the ducks. The Buff Ducks will weigh between 6-8 lbs when full grown. Waterfowl will grow very quickly compared to chicks. I received my ducks and geese the same week as you and they have doubled in size already.
4/25/2013 10:02 AM report abuse