Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Health/Care -> Extreme Curved Beak

Topic: Extreme Curved Beak (4 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Extreme Curved Beak (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
ROXANEK
Score: 1
I have a 4 week old Araucana who has developed a hooked upper beak. Her lower beak is too small for her upper, making it very hard for her to eat. The food gets stuck in the hook, out of reach of her lower beak. She's frantically trying to eat, but not making much headway.
A day or two ago she developed a swollen area or growth the size of a pea beneath her lower beak.

What should I do?
5/27/2013 10:43 AM report abuse
TINAC
Score: 160
we had one like this too - the children named her curved beak-- she had an extremely curved beak - was always smaller - but did very well for a long time ( a couple years until the pig got her) it was the nicest chicken too
6/2/2013 4:42 PM report abuse
ROBERT20
Score: 0
Have 2 Dominique's that have twisted beak. They came that way and ate getting worse.
6/6/2013 8:22 PM report abuse
STEPHEN8
Score: 2
I would suggest trimming a little of her top beak back with pet nail clippers.{But not to much as beaks have blood vessels in them. use styptic powder to stop bleeding.} I suggest you look on the forums under "Long curved beak". I don't know what that lump under her beak is though. I would see a vet. I hope this helps. She is very pretty:]
Post edited by STEPHEN8 2/13/2014 10:08 AM
2/12/2014 11:28 AM report abuse