Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Health/Care -> broilers cant stand up

Topic: broilers cant stand up (4 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
broilers cant stand up (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
CARRIER
Score: 1
Out of our 100 broilers we have had about 8 that walk like drunks, have shaky legs, fall over on their backs and can't get up, or our found dead. They are 4 weeks and this just started this week. No coughing,or discharge, or runny poop, and they will eat and drink if you help them. Seems like it might be a vitamin deficiency, but which vitamins?
5/31/2013 4:47 PM report abuse
TINAC
Score: 160
I think weak legs can be very common with the boilers - they are born to raise fast and butcher early
6/2/2013 4:40 PM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
We suggest to use the broiler booster in the drinking water. It has vitamins and electrolytes plus Biotin to help with thier legs. You also should start limit feeding them after the first couple weeks. Let them eat during the day but take the feed away late afternoon until the next morning.
6/3/2013 9:29 AM report abuse
NANCYD
Score: 13
I would say you should either switch to a higher quality feed if possible, or consider getting your broiler chicks from another source. I've raised several dozen broilers every summer for 5 years and have NEVER had one get leg problems or die of a heart attack. I don't restrict feed, either, except when they are put in for the night. I do feed 100% organic, so maybe that is why I've had better luck. I butcher at 6 to 7 weeks, and they dress out at 4.5 to 5.5 lbs. Good luck!
7/24/2013 2:00 PM report abuse