Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Incubating & Hatching Eggs -> spraying eggs just before

Topic: spraying eggs just before (2 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
spraying eggs just before (2 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
KYLE4
Score: 21
they hatch with a small spray bottle ? I have been having trouble this year with my hatching. At first I thought it was the incubator, but now I don't think so as I hatched a bunch of partridge and got an 85% hatch. Then I thought maybe since my laying hens are so young, but I broke open a few eggs that didn't hatch and they had babies in em. I was telling another guy about it and he said just before they start hatching he spray"s them down real good with water, makes it easier for them to get out of the egg. Anybody ever heard of this ? I guess its worth a try as I'm losing a lot of chicks. I"ve been hatching stuff for 15 years with this GQF 1202, once I got it set right I havnt had to touch it since. I check the temp and keep the water tray filled, I just cant figure, gotta be the eggs. Any thoughts, thanks, Roost
7/5/2013 4:27 PM report abuse
BRENDA3
Score: 2
Post deleted by BRENDA3 3/8/2014 1:28 PM 3/5/2014 12:32 AM report abuse