Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Health/Care -> curled feet

Topic: curled feet (3 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
curled feet (3 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
CARLAS
Score: 1
Our little rare breed chick that came with our broiler order walks on his knees. His (her?) feet curl up. It was fine and then one day this happened. We think it may have been injured by the larger chicks but we're not sure. It eats and gets around but we'd love to know if anyone else has had this happen. All the other chicks were fine and are now in our freezer :) thanks for any input.
7/11/2013 7:50 PM report abuse
STEPHEN6
Score: 0
I have this with one of my hens and I attributed this condition to frostbite,now I could be wrong but thats my take.My chickens are free range and I have a heated insulated coop but I leave a small door open year round so they can come and go as they please.
10/21/2013 9:07 AM report abuse
CARLAS
Score: 1
Not frostbite in our case. It started in spring and they were living in the garage brooder box under the heat lamp. He's still roaming around, eating and getting around fine. This may just be one of those mysteries I may never figure out :o)
10/21/2013 10:07 AM report abuse