Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Vermont -> Vermont Chicks

Topic: Vermont Chicks (1 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Vermont Chicks (1 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
MARYELENC
Score: 9
Hi all. I just wanted to say hello from a state that really loves chickens. We love being self sufficient and care a great deal about the welfare of all animals. I live in a small town in southern Vermont but not in the wilderness. There are about 10 houses on my road and 6 if us have small chicken flocks. Right now I have my neighbor's baby chicks while she and the family are on vacation. When I need to work late, she comes and closes in my chickens. It's all about sharing and being closer to nature. I sell eggs at work for those who can't have chickens of their own. It has been the best thing that I ever have done. I was afraid of the climate at first but got hearty breeds and use a heat lamp when it drops to the single digits. I am amazed that I am doing this and doing it well. I have learned so much in the last year and for as long as I am able will always have my feathered friends. I just love having them around, makes me feel more connected somehow. The eggs are a bonus !
7/12/2013 7:18 AM report abuse