Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Ducks & Geese -> dead baby duck

Topic: dead baby duck (3 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
dead baby duck (3 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
CLARAF
Score: 3
i ordered 2 day old Rouen ducks (one male and one female) and they were delivered last wednesday 7/17/13. The male seemed sick and limp when opening the box, and the female was much more energetic and healthy. Dispite his health, they really bonded with eachother, and imprinted with our family. I woke up around 12 midnight this morning hearing the female duck chirping like she does when she is alone or when separated from the male. When i got to the brewer i was greeted with a dead male duck. Not only is the female duck devastated that her brother is dead and wouldn't wake up, but my son and daughter are really upset by it too. Everything from the food, water, all the way to the heating was perfect. I would really appreciate some feedback on what to do with the one female duck, who would freak out right now if she was left alone, and also i would like to talk to someone about the warranty on getting sent an unhealthy duck.
7/23/2013 1:37 AM report abuse
Grains2
Score: 0
I'm so sorry to hear this. It's sad. I hope you, your son and daughter, and your female duck will feel better soon.
7/24/2013 3:19 PM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
That is very sad! Please contact our Customer Service and we can discuss your options. I hope your female is doing ok on her own.
7/25/2013 11:51 AM report abuse