Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Coops -> Diatomaceous Earth bath

Topic: Diatomaceous Earth bath (4 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Diatomaceous Earth bath (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
SUSAN12
Score: 5
Can I take a small tub, or very small baby pool, and fill it with d. earth for the hens to have a "bath". Would it need to be pure D earth or could it be D., Earth with something else, like screened sand or vermiculite? Could I leave it outside? How about in freezing Michigan winter?
7/24/2013 10:41 PM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
Yes, you can put it in a small container, or in areas where the birds dust themselves. Some customers have found that a plastic cat litter box works well. You can mix it with sand or dirt. It is a very fine powder so you can spread it all over your coop and in nest boxes too. I wouldn't suggest leaving it outside because if it gets wet the powder will clup and not be effecient. Freezing weather will not effect this product.
7/25/2013 11:35 AM report abuse
DENNIS5
Score: 1
LANDISBURG, PA
Can you use this with week or two old chicks as well?
9/21/2013 1:21 PM report abuse
SUSAN12
Score: 5
Works like a charm. I add ashes from the fireplace, play sand and DE. I feed them DE monthly and dust the cooo and nests also.
1/2/2014 3:08 PM report abuse