Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Ducks & Geese -> Can felmale ducks try to mate?

Topic: Can felmale ducks try to mate? (4 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Can felmale ducks try to mate? (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
DENISE1
Score: 5
Our April shipment of 3 female Black Cayuga brings us to egg laying time. This morning after hearing commotion I see one duck on top of the other in the pool.

Is this something that female ducks some times do? We weren't planning on any additional ducklings. Then if we did get a male in error in the bunch, how do I deal with fertilized or not. We were going to eat the eggs. I haven't seen their first egg yet.

Love to know what your thinking.

Denise
8/12/2013 11:41 AM report abuse
ANDREA1
Score: 2
Hi Denise1, yes, female ducks will try to mate with other female ducks. This usually happens when there is no drake around. My 2 female mallards are housed together and frequently try to mate with each other. IT's very cute!
1/30/2014 8:12 PM report abuse
Tim
Score: 0
Hi Denise1, We had a small flock of Muscovy ducks when I was growing up (along with 300 chickens). We could not tell any difference between the fertile eggs and non fertile eggs. Some of our egg customers wanted fertile eggs and thought they were better. We collected our eggs daily and refrigerated them after cleaning. Any eggs found in odd places were discarded along with eggs that did not hatch. I hope you are enjoying your eggs!
5/8/2014 8:03 AM report abuse
DONNA14
Score: 0
How can you tell if the egg is fertilized?
7/7/2014 2:04 PM report abuse