Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Health/Care -> Paralysis in Chickens

Topic: Paralysis in Chickens (2 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Paralysis in Chickens (2 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
JESSICA9
Score: 0
I had one Austrolorpe (sp?) that looked fine except she just stood around. No one picked on her, nor she look or sound sick. I removed her from the run/coop and she got worse it was almost as if she couldn't eat or swallow right. I ended up putting her down because for 2 days she just laid there with her legs out to the side. She was about 16 weeks old. Now I have a 3 year old RIR acting "not right" she's not moving as fast and she just laid down by the cage I had the other one isolated in. I'm going to isolate her too. Her comb is also very small. No one has any symptoms except maybe not eating as well, and some lethargy, and then after isolation leg paralysis (in the young one). Can anyone help me with a game plan? I love my Chicky Girls and its just sad. :( Thanks.
9/5/2013 1:32 PM report abuse

cacowit
Score: 0
LAS VEGAS, NV
i know this is a very old topic but just curious if you ever found out what caused the leg paralysis?
Post edited by cacowit 12/31/2016 5:34 PM
12/31/2016 5:33 PM report abuse