Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Ducks & Geese -> Ducks stopped using the pond

Topic: Ducks stopped using the pond (3 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Ducks stopped using the pond (3 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
TAMIE
Score: 0
My 7 month old mallards have a beautiful pond to swim in right next to their duck house, they were in it everyday one we installed in then one day about a week ago they just stopped going in?! I try to coax them in and they are not having any part of it. Could it be the drop in temperature recently here or will ducks swim all winter? The only thing we can think of is something may have spooked them?
10/26/2013 5:29 AM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
Most likely something scared them. Is there turtles or snakes in the water? The colder climate should not affect them if there is still open water on their pond.
10/31/2013 10:40 AM report abuse
KAISK
Score: 2
COKATO, MN
I have had several breeds of ducks and I make sure their pond is cleaned weekly as I like them to have clean water all the time. I noticed that they really enjoy the clean water more than murky water or muddy water. Yours might be scared of something in the water. I live in Minnesota and this winter was brutal and they swam all winter with 20 below zero and 40 below wind chill. They go hide in the shed when it is really windy otherwise the cold doesn't keep them from the water. Thanks
5/16/2014 7:50 AM report abuse