Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> West Virginia -> 2014

Topic: 2014 (7 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
2014 (7 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
KAREN9
Score: 6
Anyone still reading this forum?
1/9/2014 11:33 AM report abuse
ODISB
Score: 10
Yesssssssssss! Karen9, I look forward to checking the forum every evening. I am awaiting my 1st order of chicks as I am going to start selling eggs. Also I am a neighbor of yours. Live next door in the Bluegrass state.
1/9/2014 8:07 PM report abuse
KAREN9
I really enjoy chickens. They all have their own personality and are very self-sufficient in their own way. Mine have slowed down in egg production during this polar freeze, for sure... hopefully, as it warms up, they'll be back up to their usual productivity! I sell some eggs and end up giving a lot away (we live in the middle of nowhere, and I'm too lazy to actively go out and sell them!)
1/9/2014 9:49 PM report abuse
ODISB
Karen9...Like you I also live in country. I put up a sign in yard and with only 24 hens easily sell all my eggs. Am going to double amount of hens this year in order to keep up with demand. Yes all hens have a personality of their own. Hope you are away from the disaster WV has now.
1/10/2014 8:55 PM report abuse
KAREN9
I'm not in the area with the bad water - I guess it is a pretty serious mess.

If I put a sign out, the only people who would see it would be the mail man, the one family who lives past us as we live on pretty much a dead end road, and an occasional person who gets lost out here!
1/10/2014 10:11 PM report abuse
ODISB
Karen9...Hate to bother you, do you use lights on hens in winter months?
1/13/2014 9:59 PM report abuse
KAREN9
Yes, I have a light on a 4 hour timer so they get extra daylight. Not sure if it is enough time but that's how I have been doing it!
1/13/2014 11:19 PM report abuse