Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Health/Care -> 3 Month old Keets and chicks dying overnight!

Topic: 3 Month old Keets and chicks dying overnight! (2 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
3 Month old Keets and chicks dying overnight! (2 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
CARLYES
Score: 2
I raised all the keets and chicks from eggs, after fully feathered, I moved them to an outdoor coop, we had one died, thougth it was the cold, so put out a heat lamp, kept having one die almost daily, they would get kind of lethargic and then be dead the next day, my husband moved the baby chicks out with the keets and after about a week, we started losing them too, completely cleaned the coop, put fresh sand down, its still happening, all the keets are gone now and I am down to 2 chicks, any suggestions as to what could be the problem? We are building a new coop on a different part of the yard to rule out environment, I'm just worreid it will spread to my adult chickens, no change in them or egg production so far.
1/10/2014 9:38 AM report abuse
JUSTIN6
Score: 9
Are they getting a draft and getting cold? Is the water getting to cold? Fresh feed? try new feed maybe bad feed? Mice in the feed or coop? Or did you always have them on sand? or just outside? I could go on and on without seeing them.
Post edited by JUSTIN6 2/17/2014 8:01 PM
2/17/2014 7:59 PM report abuse