Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Ducks & Geese -> Duck Strategy

Topic: Duck Strategy (3 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Duck Strategy (3 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
VICKID
Score: 6
I witnessed my Khaki Campbell ducks doing this one hot, grass hopper infested summer in central Mt.
They formed two lines, one in front of the other by about ten feet. Then proceeded to head out into field in front of our house. The first row caught the insects as they tried to hide int he grass, and the second row of ducks caught the ones the attempted to escape. Very good strategy. That year we had far less hopper problem than our neighbors.
1/15/2014 10:39 AM report abuse
WADE2
Score: 2
Would loved to have seen that on video! Did you by chance get that on tape? My ducks love it when I get on the zero turn to cut grass. When they see me in the field cutting they all come running to try and catch the insects that scurry away from the mower. The backyard Birds also love it when I cut. I have seen mocking birds, Cardinals and blue birds fly down to the areas the mower has just cut.
8/26/2014 9:47 AM report abuse
catfish456
Score: 0
That is so cool
1/1/2015 6:46 PM report abuse