Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Ducks & Geese -> Duck Pond Idea

Topic: Duck Pond Idea (2 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Duck Pond Idea (2 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
VICKID
Score: 6
I've had ducks in the past, who free ranged. If I ever have ducks that I have to keep penned, this is my idea for a good duck pen.

Have a wooden platform, on a slight slant, two feet off the ground, made to hold a childs platic pool with a plug very near the bottom which allows for bucket filling or hose attachment.
Make it so there is no deck space, so the ducks cant soil the deck. Have two easy ramps with cross nailed anti slip slats. The whole duck yard is graveled with smooth small rock.

To provide the ducks with nutritious greenery to eat, use 1x10s to make long frames for planting grasses or grains inside of, cover the top with chicken wire so the vegetation can grow through but the ducks can't access the soil. ( works great for penned up chickens too, they can't scratch the roots.)

So that's my plan for any future duck enclosures. Some of you may have already thought of this, but some of the best ideas come from experience. quack !
1/15/2014 10:55 AM report abuse
catfish456
Score: 0
Cool idea next time I get ducks I will try that
1/1/2015 7:01 PM report abuse