Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Feed -> pantry pest and feed

Topic: pantry pest and feed (7 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
pantry pest and feed (7 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
CAROLE
Score: 10
If your chick food has been invaded by pantry pests do you throw it away and not feed to the chicks?
2/2/2014 6:42 PM report abuse
TINAC
Score: 160
there is no problems feeding it to the chicks - I suppose though it could depend on the panty pests you are talking about and what kind of mess they left -- if it is just mice - no problem -- coons with lots of scat in it --- I am not sure - I would probably scatter it around the compost pile and let the chickens eat what they want
2/2/2014 7:22 PM report abuse
CAROLE
The moth type of pantry pest. They leave this web like matter and larvae in the feed. I bought it from MM and should have put in in a sealable container. I had in the shed until my chicks come tomorrow. Got it out tonight to get ready for the chicks and discovered these tiny moths in the feed.
2/2/2014 7:36 PM report abuse
TINAC
Score: 160
I would have no problems feeding that to the chicks - they will eat bugs immediately if they find them - so they should love it :-)
2/2/2014 9:23 PM report abuse
CAROLE
Thank you
2/2/2014 9:32 PM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
The moths will not harm your chicks. They will get a little extra protein from them! Your safe to feed it to your babies.
2/3/2014 8:27 AM report abuse
JEREMYB
Score: 0
chicken loves bugs!! it will be a treat to them.
7/11/2014 6:13 AM report abuse