Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Ducks & Geese -> Polish Chicks

Topic: Polish Chicks (4 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Polish Chicks (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
MARGARET5
Score: 3
I recently received my order of 15 chicks. This order consisted of 7 Black Stars, 5 Polish and 3 White Leghorns. The Polish were weak upon arrival and not as healthy looking as the others. After one day one of the Polish died.The following day another developed "Wry neck" , I treated it with vitamins but it conditioned worsened and it also died. A third Polish has severe "scissor beak" and it is very small, I just hope it can eat enough food to sustain itself. I am disappointed in the quality of these "Polish" chicks. I keep them separate and watch them closely for fear of more problems. It is very stressful for me to deal with these problems. I have about 60 chickens, they are my hobby and I take very good care of all of them. Have others had problems with this breed of chick??
Post edited by MARGARET5 4/20/2014 8:15 PM
4/20/2014 8:07 PM report abuse
DOROTHYM
Score: 0
Post deleted by DOROTHYM 6/30/2014 10:50 AM 6/30/2014 10:15 AM report abuse
LESLIE CROWE
Score: 1
taylorsville, NC
@margaret5
I know how you feel. I have recently just ordered Top hat (Polish) baby chicks (June 8 2015). I had ordered a run of 15. They all arrived safe and alive but started to dying off one-by-one. As of now (June 24, 2015) I only have 4 and have a feeling another one is going to die. I don't know what I am doing wrong??? I have successfully raised 11 chickens with no problem. I have a lot of land and always wanted to have these types of chickens. I stayed up watching them for 2 days straight with no sleep, then slept then stayed up another two days trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I am so depressed about this and heart broken. I believe some (5) may have had genetic "Wry Neck" I separated and gave them vitamin E supplement day after day nursing but all 5 still died. The others are a mystery. Any one with suggestions????
Post edited by LESLIE CROWE 6/24/2015 11:30 PM
6/24/2015 11:13 PM report abuse
LESLIE CROWE
Score: 1
taylorsville, NC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFj_UKfzsXw
6/25/2015 12:49 AM report abuse